NATO Says Two Troops Killed In Southern Afghanistan

world | Mar 30, 2012 | By RFE/RL 

NATO said two of its soldiers have been killed in southern Afghanistan -- one in a roadside bomb explosion, the other in a suspected militant attack.

A statement from the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said the roadside bomb killed the service member on March 30.

It said the attack that killed the second soldier occurred on March 29.

No further details were given.

So far this year, at least 88 international troops have been killed in Afghanistan.

At least 17 of these deaths -- including at least seven Americans and five French trainers -- have been blamed on attacks by Afghans who have been serving in the security forces or wearing a military uniform.

Based on reporting by AP and AFP