1. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
2. In my country we go to prison first and then become President.
3. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
4. If the United States of America or Britain is having elections, they don't ask for observers from Africa or from Asia. But when we have elections, they want observers.
5. There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
6. Any man or institution that tries to rob me of my dignity will lose.
7. Unlike some politicians, I can admit to a mistake.
8. If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.
9. Any man or institution that tries to rob me of my dignity will lose.
10. Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future.