Spero Forum - Baptist, Protestant, and Catholic Discussion
Username: Password: Save Password Forgot your Password?
Spero Forum - Baptist, Protestant, and Catholic Discussion

DID JUDAS GO TO HEAVEN?

• 55reputation
    • 3886 Posts
    Third Member  
    Member since 03/26/2010
    View baby3's full profile or recent posts
Posted on 06/01/2010 at 13:22:53  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0

I have herd a lot of differnt stories about this Judas and i myself believe that he was used and he will be in heaven because he was sorry for what he did enought o throw back the money $77.00 i think?
baby3
Edited by baby3 on 06/01/2010 13:30:11
from the community...
Page: of 2
Next Page
    • 55reputation
    • 3886 Posts
    Third Member  
    Member since 03/26/2010
Posted on 06/01/2010 at 13:25:42  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
I was thinking of what is rightouos and unrightous and then Judas came into view. I always believed that he was used to do this work and he knew after what he did and was very contrite in heart. I also believe that the scribes and pharisies assisted in his demise What
say yee!
baby3
Go to Top of Page
Posted on 06/01/2010 at 14:12:05  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
I think as Judas being a disciple and God being so mercyful that we might meet Judas in heaven waiting for us!

Just my opinion sence Judas didn't denney Jesus or renounce Him like Peter did three times!

one love
I may or may not believe coming forward is a necessary condition for salvation. But, if I clearly taught elsewhere that repentance/belief alone was sufficient no one would think coming forward is necessary for salvation,or water baptism is necessary for salvation.
Go to Top of Page
    • 55reputation
    • 3886 Posts
    Third Member  
    Member since 03/26/2010
Posted on 06/01/2010 at 15:20:01  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
That is a very good point Evan, alot of churches call him the deciever and the son of perdition and thatn he ws never any good. If that ws so Jesus would not have decipled him. I think satan entered into him at ahe last supper and when Jesus turned to him and said go and be quick to do what you have to, Judas's mind was at that point taken over by the devil.Jesus was in fact talking to satan.
baby3
Go to Top of Page
Posted on 06/01/2010 at 18:17:57  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  1
I do not know for certain. That is God's perogative. But Jesus did say something that does not bode well for Judas:

Matthew 26:24 "The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born."

If it would be better to have never been born, that does not sound like such a one is going to Heaven.

Judas was a grown man, he made a choice. And when he realized what he had done, instead of repenting and following Christ, he rejected the possibility of Christ's mercy and killed himself.
Pax et Bonum,

Faith_at_Large

"If anyone says that man can be justified before God by his own works, whether done by his own natural powers or through the teaching of the law, without divine grace through Jesus Christ, let him be anathema."
Go to Top of Page
    • 55reputation
    • 3886 Posts
    Third Member  
    Member since 03/26/2010
Posted on 06/01/2010 at 18:22:55  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
No i don't believe he killed himself he could not have cut his stomack like they said it was cut I believe the scribs did tis and hung him out there over the cliff.
baby3
Go to Top of Page
Posted on 06/01/2010 at 18:39:49  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
Baby3, he hung himself. But that description of his stomach bursting and his guts spilling out was Bible-Speak for God punishing him.

Matthew 27:5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

That is the plain description of what happened. The money that was returned to the temple was used to by the Potter's Field that is now the Field of Blood.

Acts 1:18-19 gives a more dramatic description and describes the man himself buying the field. His money did purchase the field. But the rest is a way of saying that Judas was a wicked man in need of replacement among the Apostles.

The following is an example, though not a specific reference to Judas.

Matthew 24:50-51 "50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Pax et Bonum,

Faith_at_Large

"If anyone says that man can be justified before God by his own works, whether done by his own natural powers or through the teaching of the law, without divine grace through Jesus Christ, let him be anathema."
Go to Top of Page
What I'm reading/watching/listening to now.
Posted on 06/02/2010 at 06:12:41  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
At the end of the day, we don't know.
"You have made us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they rest in You." St. Augustine of Hippo
Go to Top of Page
    • 55reputation
    • 3886 Posts
    Third Member  
    Member since 03/26/2010
Posted on 06/02/2010 at 12:58:51  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
Almighty God alone knows the final destination of the soul of Judas Iscariot. Judas undoubtedly committed sins serious enough to make him deserving of hell, but so have many humans we now regard as saints.

Consider Peter, the leader of the Apostles. He denied Christ three times. He was too cowardly to be present at the foot of the cross, with John, Mary and the other women. He hid in the upper room after Jesus' resurrection, for fear of the Jewish soldiers. Yet his sins and weaknesses were forgiven and he went on to be the first pope.

Consider the criminal we now know as the good thief. On Good Friday, he hung on a cross beside Jesus for his acknowledged crimes. The Bible doesn't relate the nature of his transgressions, but they were serious enough to warrant death as a punishment. Yet he expressed faith in Jesus as he was dying. "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." ( Luke 23:42 )

He was rewarded by immediate forgiveness and a promise of speedy transport to heaven. Jesus said," Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise." ( Luke 23:43 )

Judas' sin was serious as well. He betrayed the Son of God for thirty pieces of silver. His motivation is hard to understand. He had travelled with Jesus for three years. He had heard the teachings and witnessed the miracles. He was considered a close friend and acted as treasurer for the group,

The Bible only says "Then Satan entered into Judas..." ( Luke 22:3 ). If Satan was able to take over Judas' free will, then the man himself was not responsible for his subsequent actions. Perhaps God allowed this to happen so that Jesus could accomplish our salvation. We just don't know.

Judas had heard Jesus predict that he would die in Jerusalem. Perhaps he acted out of disappointment that Jesus was not going to be the great military leader the Jews had been hoping for, the one who would free them from Roman occupation.

We do know that Judas later regretted his action. He went back to the chief priests and tried to return the money. Then he committed the greatest sin of all. He gave in to despair.

baby3
Go to Top of Page
Posted on 06/03/2010 at 12:57:19  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
As was already said, none of us know for certain. But the saints that persevered from great sin, did so because they did not kill themselves upon discovering that they were sinners.

There in only one unforgiveable sin, and that is dispair. To doubt that God can forgive. Judas did not trust in God's mercy. He beleived himself unforgivable and took his own life. Instead of moving on to become a great saint like the rest.

Only God knows the heart of Judas when he died.
Pax et Bonum,

Faith_at_Large

Go to Top of Page
    • 55reputation
    • 3886 Posts
    Third Member  
    Member since 03/26/2010
Posted on 06/04/2010 at 18:44:46  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
quote:
Originally posted by Faith_at_Large

As was already said, none of us know for certain. But the saints that persevered from great sin, did so because they did not kill themselves upon discovering that they were sinners.

There in only one unforgivable sin, and that is despair. To doubt that God can forgive. Judas did not trust in God's mercy. He believed himself unforgivable and took his own life. Instead of moving on to become a great saint like the rest.

Only God knows the heart of Judas when he died.

OK Empathy please! I don't think i could live with myself if i betrayed the Lord unto his death could you? Usually if you are in despair and hurting you can go to a friend but he had no one to go to, and he had to hurt when he realized what he done or he would not have taken his own life. He could not live with himself.I have mercy and i feel sorry for this man and i know my God is an awesome God and full of love and kindness, sorry but i always will think he went to God, because God knew him in his mothers womb.He fashioned him and he was picked by the Lord to do what he had to do not because he was a devil but because the devil used him to and his whole ,mind was not his it belonged to satan. This can happen to people of today it is called possession, satanic possession.
baby3
Go to Top of Page
Posted on 06/04/2010 at 21:46:11  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
As I said, only God knows the heart of Judas when he died.
Pax et Bonum,

Faith_at_Large

Go to Top of Page
    • 55reputation
    • 3886 Posts
    Third Member  
    Member since 03/26/2010
Posted on 06/05/2010 at 06:56:43  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
If someone is very sad and takes his own life, i was told when i was a child they go to hell, but now the church has changed their minds to this because of what the physicians say about mental disorders, this is what i don't like about the churches they can change their minds and say God said this, these are very much man made laws, that is why there is no death penalty today, alot has changed, but i think it is not of God, for he never changes but man does.
baby3
Go to Top of Page
Posted on 06/05/2010 at 10:33:56  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
The Church did not change its mind so much as gain a better understanding. Someone who kills themself out of dispair is still likely to go to Hell, but in the end only God sees whether they changed their mind after the suicide action was initiated.

For those with mental illness and/or depression, this might well be a very good mitigating circumstance, which is why the Church also rejects assisted suicide and euthenasia.
Pax et Bonum,

Faith_at_Large

Go to Top of Page
    • Adminreputation
    • 10543 Posts
    Forum Admin  
    Member since 07/25/2001
    View Astralis's full profile or recent posts
What I'm reading/watching/listening to now.
Posted on 06/05/2010 at 18:25:18  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
It's interesting because for the Sola Fides crowd, Judas did believe in Jesus. The Devil does too.
"Look on the bright side, if this is the best they've got around here, in six months we'll be running this planet." (Planet of the Apes)
Go to Top of Page
Posted on 06/07/2010 at 12:41:32  |  Reply  |  Report Abuse |  0
quote:
Originally posted by baby3

That is a very good point Evan, alot of churches call him the deciever and the son of perdition and thatn he ws never any good. If that ws so Jesus would not have decipled him. I think satan entered into him at ahe last supper and when Jesus turned to him and said go and be quick to do what you have to, Judas's mind was at that point taken over by the devil.Jesus was in fact talking to satan.

Also a good point Baby3 and we all know according to the bible baby3 that Jesus even rebuked Peter and said satan get thee behind me, so the apostles did have issues and doubts and doubted even Jesus words, but again that prove no one is infallible only Jesus !

shalom Baby3!
I may or may not believe coming forward is a necessary condition for salvation. But, if I clearly taught elsewhere that repentance/belief alone was sufficient no one would think coming forward is necessary for salvation,or water baptism is necessary for salvation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Next Page

Newest Topics

by baby3...

Recent Topics

1 replies

Newest Updates

Jump To:
Spero Forum - Baptist, Protestant, and Catholic Discussion © 2002-2014 Spero Subscribe by Email RSS Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000