Allie Carter, a twenty-five-year-old hunter of Avilla, Indiana, was injured in an accident that if not true would otherwise defy explanation.
 
On October 24, she was hunting waterfowl at the Tri-County Fish and Wildlife Area in Kosciusko County near Syracuse IN. Accompanying her was her 10-year-old chocolate Labrador dog. The incident occured approximately 150 miles from the state capital, Indianapolis.
 
When Carter repositioned herself during the hunt, she placed her 12-gauge shotgun on the ground near her feet. It was then at approximately 10 a.m. local time that the Indiana Department of Natural Resources received a report of a person who had received a firearms injury.
 
According to the Indiana DNR, it was Carter's dog that inadvertently stepped on the shotgun's trigger. Carter had broken a basic rule of firearms use by not engaging the safety on her shotgun. She had not ever taken a hunter safety class. With injuries to her left foot and toes, Carter was treated at a local hospital and released.
 
Ironically, Carter's faithful dog bears the name "Trigger." The DNR reminds hunters to practice safety.

SHARE THIS

READ NEXT

Remains of WW2 pilot found on the bottom of Pacific Ocean

U.S. Navy personnel have discovered the remains of an American aviator who was shot down in combat over the Pacific Ocean in 1944. A team aboard USNS ...



SHARE

Short Link

Spero News writer Martin Barillas is a former US diplomat, who also worked as a democracy advocate and election observer in Latin America. His first novel 'Shaken Earth', is available at Amazon.

Do you like what you just read?

Back our investigations with an immediate financial contribution. Spero News operates on the financial support from you and people like you who believe in media independence and free speech.

Comments

RELATED NEWS